Privacy statement Esdec BV – May 2018
When you use Esdec’s online services (calculator, website), contact us via telephone, the online contact form or e-mail, place an order, or subscribe to the newsletter, Esdec may process and collect your personal data. Which data are collected and for what purpose is explained in this privacy statement.
This privacy statement was developed by:
7418 EE Deventer
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us at:
T: +31 85 0702000
Which data do we collect?
When you use one or more of Esdec’s (online) services or contact us, we may collect one or more of the data below:
- Your full name
- Address details
- E-mail address
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Order history and payment details
- Which internet browser you use
- The device you are using to visit our website
- What you look at on the website, what you click, and how much time you spend on the website
- The origin of your visit to our website (did you search for us on Google, visit our Facebook page first, etc.)
- How often you open our newsletter and whether you click on buttons and links to our website
How do we acquire these data?
In most cases Esdec receives the data directly from you, for example because you have subscribed to the newsletter. An overview of all possible ways in which data can be collected is listed below:
- When you visit our website and accept cookies
- When you create an account for the calculation tools
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you contact us using the contact form on our website
- When you telephone Esdec or send an e-mail
- When you place an order
- Esdec also uses a number of third-party tools to collect certain data. You can find out which tools these are in the paragraph “Which third parties receive my data?”
Why do we collect these data?
It is necessary for us to collect certain data. For example, we cannot contact you unless we have your e-mail address, name, or telephone number, and we need an address to send products to. In addition, we also collect certain data for marketing purposes. For example, we can invite you to subscribe to our newsletter using your e-mail address. To sum up, we collect your data for the following reasons:
- Out of necessity in order to process orders and ship products
- To be able to contact you (by telephone or e-mail) about orders, for example, or to answer questions when you have contacted us
- To provide you with the best and most personal customer experience, we collect data about your activities on our website and in our newsletters
- Finally, we collect data on your surfing behaviour and activity on our online services in order to improve these
For how long to we store your data?
Esdec does not store your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement. Your data will therefore be saved for as long as is necessary to achieve these objectives. If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, for example, we no longer need your e-mail address and your data will be removed from our mailing list.
What are your rights?
We would like to draw your attention to your rights concerning the processing of your data. You have the right at all times to view the data collected and to change it/have it changed. You may also withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. The withdrawal of this consent may have consequences for current agreements between you and Esdec.
Do you object to the way in which Esdec handles your (personal) data? You may submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Click here for more information.
Wilt u bezwaar maken over de manier waarop Esdec met uw (persoons)gegevens omgaat? Dit kan bij de Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.